McNamee Hosea is known for its strong community ties and involvement. Our firm is committed to giving back to the communities we serve through firm involvement as well as individual attorney and staff contributions to organizations throughout Anne Arundel County, Prince George's County, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and the Metropolitan area.
Below are a list of some of the organizations and charities we work with:
- Back-to-School Program: Each August, McNamee Hosea also participates in the Back-to-School event held by the PG-CRC. The firm has been participating in the Back-to-School Charity since 2006 and has been providing stocked backpacks each year to students of all ages in Prince George’s County to ensure a great start to the new school year.
- Holiday Sharing Programs: Each year, McNamee Hosea supports the Thanksgiving and Holiday Sharing Programs through the Prince George's Child Resource Center (PG-CRC). Though individual donations from our employees and contributions by the firm, we are able to assist the Resource Center in providing Thanksgiving and Holiday meals to families. During the holiday season, we are also able to provide gifts to families through the Resource Center to make the holidays special.
- Thanksgiving Dinner Donations: Each year, the Anne Arundel County Bar Association holds a campaign among its members to raise funds to provide Thanksgiving dinners to families in Annapolis and northwestern Anne Arundel County. McNamee Hosea and its employees contribute to this annual event, providing Thanksgiving Baskets with all the trimmings for a Thanksgiving meal, complete with a gift card to purchase a turkey. We strive to make the Thanksgiving holiday special for those less fortunate than ourselves.
- Angel Tree Program: Each year, the members of the Anne Arundel County Bar Association sponsor an Angel Tree to provide holiday gifts for the children in Anne Arundel County neighborhoods. McNamee Hosea has participated in this program for several years by monetarily adopting a child and through separate monetary donations.
- Back-to-School Program: This is a joint program between the Anne Arundel County Department of Social Services and the Anne Arundel County Public Schools. Each fall, McNamee Hosea puts together backpacks stocked with new notebooks, pens, and school supplies for elementary school students to help make a special memory on the first day of school. McNamee Hosea has sponsored between 20 and 50 students each school year.
- Holiday Sharing Programs: The Anne Arundel County Department of Social Services Holiday Sharing program matches donor with seniors and/or families in need during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season. McNamee Hosea employees personally deliver food and gifts to households throughout the community through this Holiday Sharing Program.
- Holiday Sharing Programs: Each year, McNamee Hosea sponsors families in Prince George's County by providing Thanksgiving and holiday meals, groceries, clothing, and gifts for the Holiday Season. McNamee Hosea also makes a financial contribution to the Holiday Sharing Lay Fund which continues to provide support to families in an effort to provide a warm, traditional holiday season.
- The Light House is a shelter in Annapolis, MD that provides emergency shelter, transitional housing, education, job training, and life-skill services to the homeless. McNamee Hosea has supported several programs offered by the shelter such as Thanksgiving baskets, Back-to-School supplies, Holiday Sharing and other miscellaneous outreach projects.
- McNamee Hosea has also previously sponsored a “Pizza Night” for the shelter. Employees of McNamee Hosea served pizza from Ledo’s Pizza and cupcakes from donated from JoJo’s Cupcakes & Cream to approximately 50 residents of the Lighthouse Shelter.
Other organizations that McNamee Hosea supports:
- The Foundation Schools
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- American Cancer Society
If you are interested in any of these organizations or charity programs, or are looking to be a recipient of the Thanksgiving or Holiday Sharing Programs, please contact the organization directly for details.
We wish that we had the ability to assist everyone, however, we partner with this charities directly to assist in their demand during the holiday season.